It's tough constantly coming up with new ideas for content when you're posting on a daily or weekly basis in your business. It can be even harder when to think of content that you can record and share with your audience.
Here are 20 ideas for content that you can create quickly and share widely. Let us know in the comments below what other topics you'd share!
- 1All About You – a spoken version of your CV/resume highlights, this is content you probably already have on your website, so start there and freshen up it! It's a chance to show your personality, credentials, and storytelling skills.
- 2How your company started – has your company got an interesting past?
- 3Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – do you get asked the same questions about your services or products ALL the time? Pop the 5 – 10 most popular requests in a video, as well as a link where they can get more support for any other questions.
- 4Start Here – if a customer is completely new to your business, where should they get started? Think about how your customers typically find you, and where you want their journey with you to start
- 5Behind the scenes – what’s cooking?! Let the audience see behind the scenes of your latest video, project, workshop, etc.
- 6Introduction to your social media page – who is your page for, what they can expect from you, available resources and how to contact you.
- 7Welcome to your social media group – similar to the social media page intro, plus posting schedule, group rules and opportunities, upcoming challenges.
- 8Reviews – books, videos, apps, services, experiences – have you seen something that your customers might be interested in? Let them know what you thought of it and where they can access. Could include affiliate links also, as long as you’re upfront about it and are not masking a paid promotion as a review.
- 9Tools – your tools of the trade could be interesting and useful to others. How to organize your notes and projects, through to hardware and paid services that you recommend. Could also include affiliate links.
- 10Summarize your blog post – help your audience catch up on the latest news and save them time. Add the link to the blog under the video so they can also read for more information.
- 11Your freebies – share your free resources with your audience, remembering to come from the WIIFM mindset (what’s in it for me?) – your audience want to know how it’s going to help them, e.g. save time, reduce mistakes, boost confidence and more.
- 12Tell a story – Describe a transformation, a funny event, process, new understanding or just entertain! Describe going from point A to point B, with all the juicy details in between. Could also include a call to action.
- 13Your latest offer – including customer benefits (as opposed to features), what’s included, the transformation, and a call to action.
- 14Teach – If your business includes facilitation or coaching, share a useful model, process, or self-assessment that is thought and conversation provoking.
- 15Interview – bring in an expert or a complementary business to bring even more value to your audience. This is sometimes an easier format for those new to video, as you share the "load" in terms of speaking. It can also be harder if your interviewee takes over! Discuss your video plan in advance, including how long you want the video to run, and the couple of topics you will focus on, or the exact questions you will ask them.
- 16Sales page – add a video to your existing landing page, shown to increase conversions.
- 17Address objections / re-energize – Send mailing list subscribers more and/or different information about your product or service to address any concerns they may have.
- 18Thank you page – it’s nice to say a personal thanks! Especially difficult if your business doesn’t have a physical presence, showing up can help build ongoing relationships.
- 19Client testimonial – either with you telling the story, or your client if you can convince them to go on camera!
- 20Inspirational & Motivational – we all need a little of both sometimes! Share a story or quote that has helped you and put some positive vibes out there!
You don't need to tackle all of these! Depending on where you are in your business journey, different videos will make more sense for where you're up to. If you're brand new to business, it pays to get very clear on who you are and what your brand is all about.
Join us in the Presentations To Profit virtual workshop and get absolutely clear on your message so you really connect with your ideal audience when it counts!